6 Sweet and Simple Desserts to Make for Your Christmas Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Desserts are a must have at all the holiday parties of the season. With a table full of just treats, it can be hard to make yours stand out.  But by raising the bar on some crowd favorites, you can be sure people will be reaching for seconds.

North Pole Cupcakes

These cupcakes bring out your inner child. With the pops of red and white you can make your guests feel like they’re at Santa’s Workshop. To make the frosting really look like snow, you can add some sprinkles or coconut on top.

Detailed Cookies

Cookies are always a crowd favorite during the holiday season. But you can take your cookie game one step further by adding some details. This site offers some tips on how to improve the design of your favorite sugar cookies.

Snowman Pops

Everybody loves Oreos, but they don’t really share that holiday flare. But by dipping the Oreos in some white chocolate and adding a nose, you can create your own army of snowman to serve at the dessert table.

Igloo Cake

This cake is definitely for the baking pros, but the creators provided great step-by-step instructions to help you build your own. The cake is definitely worth the effort and will surely be all your friends and family talk about as you cut the first slice.

Santa’s Hat

I cannot get over how cute these are! They are so easy to make and just taking a bit of piping magic to add the trim to the red cap. It’s always good to have some healthier dessert options at dinner that can still satisfy your sweet tooth.

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

This is the perfect party favor for those guests who can’t stay until dessert. Set up a table, so they can grab it one on their way out. You can also provide candy canes so they can create some peppermint cocoa.

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.
Her Campus at UW-Stout