5 Signs You’re a Kid at Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Do you ever have to urge to jump in the piles of crunchy leaves in the fall time? Are you secretly jealous of kids because they still get to do all the fun stuff like bouncy castles and ball pits? You are probably a kid at heart, and you should embrace that. Here are some key signs that you are a kid at heart. 

You still enjoy watching cartoons 

When you’re channel flipping and your favorite childhood princess movie is on, you’re not just going to skip over. People will make fun of you all they want when they walk in your dorm you’re watching cartoons but secretly they wanna sit down and watch too. There is something nostalgic about watching princess movies and SpongeBob because it reminds you of the simpler times when you weren’t weighed down by midterms and exams.

Mac and cheese is still one of your favorite foods

I don’t know why this is aimed at kids only because Kraft mac and cheese is one of the best foods to grace this earth. Just look at it…all cheesy and noodly. Who wouldn’t love it? 

You find yourself strolling casually through every toy aisle

You pretend that you’re getting a gift for that special niece or nephew but what you are really doing is checking out to see if they have any sick new toys. Sometimes you even end up buying something for yourself that you say you’re are going to give to a child but you never do.

You laugh too much at immature jokes

You know that they aren’t even good jokes, but you just can’t help yourself from laughing hysterically at even the most obnoxious jokes. 

You enjoy the simple things in life

Whether it be a petal in the shape of a heart or freshly mowed lawn for cartwheeling, you are a free spirit and you always are commenting and enjoying the many things that most people take for granted. 

Embrace being a kid at heart because many people strive to be as happy as you. Don’t let the world change you and keep being you. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout