5 Reasons an Anti-Spring Break is Better than Traveling Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

If you’re moping about being home for spring break while it seems like everyone else you know is vacationing, don’t worry. I was doing the same thing, but if I had any doubt about my choice during spring break, that was cleared up when I came back. While I was able to spend my spring break low-stress, my traveling friends are now facing the frustration of returning to school right from their travels. Though traveling would have been great, this is why I’m glad I staycationed for my spring break.

1. Family – I got to see my family for a week, which is something I often forget how much I look forward to.

2. Cheap – I spent about $50 on the entire break. Gas from college to home and back. Whereas someone I know spent $200 on products that were okay in one state but not in another and will now be trying to pay off a fine for that for quite a while. 

3. Productivity – I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped, but I’m not drowning in piles of work like some of my traveling friends.

4. Timing – Spring break is awesome for being right in the middle of the semester. For me, right in the middle of the semester would be a stressful time to take a trip. 

5. Saving for the future – Now I have this much more money to spend on a future trip, which PS is totally real!

Her Campus at UW-Stout