5 Looks To Get You In The Mood For Festival Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Festival season is right around the corner. With Coachella and Lollapalooza coming up, it’s hard not to get into the spirit of things. Celebrities steal the show with their amazing style, but you can get the look too. Here are some ideas on what to wear to your next concert…

Boho

The bohemian style is the staple of festival season. Maxi skirts and bellbottoms are the way to, plus a multitude of mixed patterns and textures. It’s not all about the matching, but a floral crown adds a nice touch. The key to acing the boho look is by layering. Make sure to stack on the jewelry or you’ll look bare.

Trendy

This style is all about minimalism and you don’t need a lot to pull it off.  Pick out items with knit details and interesting cuts. Look for pieces that look expensive and speak for themselves. It’s all about looking chic. So make sure you don’t over accessorize.

Rocker

You don’t have to put on your leather jacket to achieve this look. Though you can pull out some of your old band t-shirts. Paired with a pair of high-waisted shorts, you’ve got the look down. Finish the it off with the smaller details. Such as a fringe bag or some studded boots.

Girly

It doesn’t require dressing like a hippie to join in the festival season. The girly look is always in style. Pieces with floral prints and cool colors give a feminine touch. To keep it fresh, look for a modern co-ord. They have the tough edge, while still feeling romantic. Add a pop of color with a pair of bright shoes.

Casual

Music festivals aren’t just about the fashion, it’s about the music. So if you’re to listen to favorite bands for days on end, it’s ok to go casual. Without worrying about snagging your dress or losing your favorite bracelet, you can sit back and enjoy the music. It’s as simple as a flannel shirt, a plain white tee, and your worn out pair of converse. 

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.
Her Campus at UW-Stout