This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

When picking out your wardrobe for the upcoming colder temps, make sure you have the basics that make an outfit extraordinary!

1.      A comfy sweater:

This fun and unique sweater from Forever 21 is very versatile. You can pair it with some skinny jeans or even plain leggings for a more comfy look. If you don’t feel like paying an arm and a leg for a new sweater, try Goodwill. Personally, I get 90% of my sweaters from second hand stores. Just make sure you wash them before wearing.

2.      Boots

These PacSun boots are adorable for any outfit. You can pair army boots with just about whatever you wear. The cute patch of fabric gives your look a pop. Other styles you might want to try for autumn are knee high boots for a more sophisticated look or maybe even a cowboy type bootie.

3.      Scarves

Infinity scarves are definitely a must buy. They are comfy and functional! The possibilities are endless. I would recommend getting a solid color so you can match it up with multiple outfits.

4.      Jacket

Jackets are a necessity for the sub-zero temperatures of the Midwest area. Make sure that your coat has a warm layer in it. Some stores to check out are Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and Herberger’s. The coat may be expensive but it will be an investment that you can use for many years.

5.      Fun leggings

Lastly, leggings. You can mostly wear leggings any time of day and they are super casual. Find a pair that have a cute pattern on it or a brand that you like. They are not too spendy if you know where to shop. The pair shown are from Vanity and are only $16.95.

“I wear my sort of clothes to save me the trouble of deciding which clothes to wear.” –Katherine Hepburn 

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout