Feel Better Candles Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Feel Better Candles Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith / Bath & Body Works / Homesick

19 Candles to get you into the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

The quickest way to bring your home into the holiday spirit is candles. We are breaking down the best of the best holiday candles, some new favorites, and some old classics. 

“Winter Candy Apple” by Bath and Body Works

This candle has been around for 20 years and smells like the best holiday ever!

Winter Candy Apple has notes of candied apples, crisp pears, and oranges. 

“Misletoe” by Homesick

This candle will set the mood to make every kiss this holiday season feel like it’s under the mistletoe. 

Misletoe has notes of mush, cedar, pine, holly berry, and frosted air.

“Merry Cookie” by Bath and Body Works

What says holidays more than a fresh batch of sugar cookies?!

Merry Cookie has notes of Fresh Baked Cookies, Sparkling Sugar Crystals, and Rich Vanilla.

“After Sledding” by Yankee Candle

This candle smells like your kitchen is brimming with every kind of holiday treats!

The After Sledding candle has notes of maple toffee, cinnamon, salted caramel brulee, nutmeg, vanilla bean, and maple drizzle.

“Holiday” by Homesick 

This candle smells like you are sitting in front of the Christmas tree drinking hot cocoa, while your grandma is baking up all your favorite holiday treats.

It has notes of vanilla, musk, sandalwood, wintermint, clove, and cinnamon.  

“Eucalyptus Mint” by World Market

This candle will bring a calming sense to your home during the holiday season!

Eucalyptus Mint has notes of eucalyptus and fresh mint.

“Fresh Balsam” by Bath and Body 

This candle will bring you back to the Christmas tree lot where you picked out your tree with your family!

Fresh Balsam candle has notes of woodland balsam, crisp eucalyptus, fir branches, and cedarwood.

“Wisconsin” by Homesick

This candle will remind you of going sledding and coming home to a big mug of hot cocoa with a side of cookies!

The Wisconsin candle has notes of peppermint, cookies, cranberry, butter, cream, cinnamon, and winter air.

“Cinnamon Chai” by Wood Wick

This warm and spicy smell is a great transition into the holiday season and the wood wick will remind you of a crackling fire!

The Cinnamon Chai candle has notes of chai, cinnamon, and vanillia. 

“Grandma’s Kitchen” by Homesick

Nothing like grandma’s sweets to get you in the holiday spirit!

Grandma’s Kitchen has notes of cloves, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, cookie, apple, and butter.

“Champagne Toast” by Bath and Body Works

Don’t let the celebration be limited to just New Year’s Eve, this candle will keep the celebration going after the party ends!

Champange Toast has notes of bubbly champagne, sparkling berries, and juicy tangerine.

“Firewood Fig” by World Market

The unsung holiday sent is fig and this candle is a great starting place to add fig to your holiday candle collection!

Firewood Fig has notes of birch, cedar, sandalwood, and figs.

“Minnesota” by Homesick

This candle will make your whole house smell like a winter wonderland without you having to go out and face the cold!

The Minnesota candle has notes of Maple, vanilla, sugar, musk, peppermint, apple, maple, and nutmeg.

“Chocolate Peppermint Cream” by Bath and Body Works

Candy canes and peppermint bark come around only once a year but this candle will keep you dreaming about it all year long!

The Chocolate Peppermint Cream candle has notes of crushed peppermint candies, creamy chocolate, and white sugar crystals.

“Candlelit Cabin” by Yankee candle 

This candle will bring you daydreams of being cuddled up by the fire in a faraway cabin!

The Candlelit Cabin candle has notes of rhubarb, black peppercorn, apple, nutmeg, and hazelnut.

“Flannel” by Bath and Body Works

The only way to describe this candle isthe cozy feeling of wearing your favorite winter sweater for the first time of the holidary season!

The Flannel candle has notes of fresh bergamot, heirloom mahogany, and soft musk.

“Alpine Mornings” by Yankee Candle

You don’t need to go skiing to get that fresh mountain air smell; this candle brings it right to your house without the cold!

The Alpine Morning candle has notes of baked apple, amaretto accord, cinnamon, and sugar.

“Frosted Coconut Snowball” by Bath and Body Works

This candle smells like you just had a snowball fight and then someone was baking a coconut pie; it’s the candle you never knew you needed!

The Frosted Coconut Candle has notes of toasted coconut, vanilla musk, and whipped cream 

Cozy Cabin Trilogy by Wood Wick 

This candle smells and sounds like you are sitting next to a wood-burning fire!

The Cozy Cabin Trilogy has notes of amber, cedar, vanilla, smoke, pine, and oak.

Tell us your favorite candles or smells for the holiday season!

Hi, my name is Margaret Schultz. I am a junior at UW-Stout in the business administration program with a minor in communication. My hope is to go on and get my master's in divinity. I love hanging out with my family and friends, teaching Sunday School, reading, and exploring!
Her Campus at UW-Stout