10 Signs Your Roommate is Actually Your Sister

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

When you and your roommate get along, there is honestly nothing better! These are ten things to look for to see if they are the perfect roommate for you.

1.    They are Always Down for a Talk About Anything

Anything from a random question to something you may not know, You know there is a no jusgement zone and you can be yourself.

2.    They Get Your Humor

When you didn’t think anyone would get your star trek or strange humor she won’t judge.

3.    You Can Watch Repeats of (fill in the blank) and Not Get Sick of it

Netflix is definitely your best relaxer and you often see yourself watching back to back episodes with your roomie.

4.    They are all in for Midnight Food Binging

When the studying gets to be too late, you find yourself popping some popcorn or in my roommate’s experience, late-night trips to Walmart or Kwik-Trip.

5.    They are Always Down to go to a Party

If you don’t have a buddy that is down to party, your roommate is most likely ready to go.

6.    They Accept your Weird Sleeping Patterns

Whether you sleep walk, sleep talk, or just have strange sleep schedules, they will most likely accept them and get used to it.

7.     You Miss Them When They are out of Town

When either you leave or they do, you find yourself snapchatting or texting them to see how they are doing.

8.    They Give Their Opinion When you Need Advice

When you think your relationship sucks or if you are thinking of switching majors they will tell you straight up what they think.

9.    They Respect Your Opinion and Support you no Matter What

If you have a different political or views in general, you two are rational enough to get past the difference and tolerate one another.

10. Always There for you When you Need a Hug

If you failed a test or just had a rough day they will always be there with arms wide open.

“I have the best roommates in the world! It creates a fun sense of family…and that’s really important to me. Things can get so lonely without it.”

– Kristen Bell

Hannah is currently a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She is studying Business Administration. Along with Her Campus, she enjoys sand volleyball, Netflix, and cats. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout