10 More Women of Country to Fall In Love With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Country music is truly blessed to have so many talented women in their ranks. So many talented women, that one article isn’t enough to encapsulate them. Hopefully you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for…

Gabby Barrett

There’s a lot of Carrie Underwood 2.0 in Gabby’s music. She’s strong, she’s focused, and she’s powerful. She’s fairly new in country, so there is even more on the horizon!

Hits: I Hope She Cheats, The Good Ones, and Hall of Fame

Abby Anderson

Abby Anderson is like a trusted older sister. She imparts advice, wisdom, and love when you’ve become lost searching. 

Hits: Make Him Wait, This Feeling, and Daddy

Carly Pearce

Sentimental and shaking. Carly Pearce leads you on your life’s journey and encourages you to be more open to your own feelings. 

Hits: It Won’t Always Be Like This, Every Little Thing, and If My Name Was Whiskey

Clare Dunn

If you want to be blown away, look no further than Clare Dunn. She’s a powerhouse in the making and will make an impact you can’t prepare for. 

Hits: My Love, Gold to Glitter, and More

Caylee Hammack

A songbird straight from Georgia! Caylee’s portfolio is warm and expressive, and you can hear so much twang in her voice. She is experimental and fresh, with a lot of tradition still underneath. 

Hits: Family Tree, Just Friends, and Preciatcha

Tenille Townes

Thankfully, Tenille’s show stopper, “Somebody’s Daughter” has been getting some air time on Country stations, not as much as she deserves, but it’s getting some traction. Her songs are very raw expressions of emotional vulnerability and insecurity. 

Hits: Jersey on the Wall (I’m Just Asking), Somebody’s Daughter, and I Kept The Roses

Ingrid Andress

Her melodies will cut right through you…right down to you being on the bathroom floor at 1am questioning your life decisions. In a good way of course!

Hits: We’re Not Friends, More Hearts Than Mine, and Lady Like

Lindsay Ell

A really fun country twang. Lindsay’s video for “By The Way” is as infectious as she is. She makes it impossible to not have a good time!

Hits: By The Way, Waiting On You, and Criminal

Meghan Patrick

Is there anything quite like the long, slow burn of a country love song? Meghan takes her time to sing her feelings, and leaves you on the edge of your seat; hopelessly in love. 

​Hits: Country Music Made Me Do It, Wild As Me, and Be Country With Me

Mickey Guyton

Mickey was recently featured in a segment of Full Frontal WIth Samantha Bee discussing the place that women have in country music. She made some amazing points about lack of representation, especially for women of color in the industry. Aside from that, she has a beautiful buttery voice that pairs perfectly with slow acoustics. 

Hits: Sister, Better Than You Left Me, and Heartbreak Song

Even though there are amazing women in the country music world, they aren’t being appreciated nearly enough. Give credit where it’s deserved and we’ll have even more female country music sensations!

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.