Having a long, boring day? Here are 10 fun food facts to give you a break and get you thinking!
1. The most expensive pizza in the world has a price tag of $12,000 and requires 72 hours to prepare.
2. The champion of a 2013 hot dog eating contest consumed just short of 70 hot dogs in only 10 minutes.
3. McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers every second.
4. Arachibutyrophobia is the term for a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
5. Eating bananas may help to fight depression.
6. Yams and sweet potatoes are not the same thing.
7. Spam is short for spiced ham.
8. A cucumber is made up of 95 percent water, making it one of the most hydrating foods.
9. The average person eats eight pounds of grapes each year.
10. Onion is Latin for “large pearl”.