Style > Beauty

You’ll Want to Try this Natural Skin Care for Winter!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Everybody needs a good spa night every so often. You are breaking out from stress about classes or all that junk food and Halloween candy you have been eating while bingeing Netflix. You have been neglecting washing your face in the mornings because you have 7:45 classes or you study so hard at night, going to sleep is the only thing you are worried about. 

Beginning in the fall and throughout winter, the air gets incredibly dry. If you have dry skin, you despise this because this means that your skin is only going to get dryer. It is so important to take care of your skin with the right products. 

A big factor I have been worried about lately are the products I use on my skin and the ingredients in them. I used to use Mary Kay in the past, but I started using it again because they came out with an all-natural line. This makes me so happy because I know all of the ingredients are safe and nutritious for my skin. All the products have been tested by dermatologists and are safe for sensitive skin which is great because nothing is worse than trying new skincare and breaking out or getting a rash.

Mary Kay Naturally Purifying Cleanser

When I start my skin routine, I begin with the Mary Kay Naturally Purifying Cleanser. This is a great creamy, non-foaming cleanser which means it gives that extra moisture while cleaning all dirt and oils from the skin which is great during these dry months. My favorite way to use this is to get your face wet and then take a cotton round and apply a nickel-sized amount. Then rub the cotton pad in circular motions around your face and wash with water once cleansed. 

Mary Kay Naturally Exfoliating Powder

Next, I use the Mary Kay Naturally Exfoliating Powder to gently exfoliate my face and get my pores extra clean so no surprise breakouts pop up. It is so simple. Take a quarter-size amount of the powder and add a small amount of water. This will create a paste that you can gently rub on your face to exfoliate dead skin cells and build up in pores. This will leave your skin looking so fresh. If you are worried about your skin getting too dry, you can always add a few drops of the Mary Kay Naturally Nourishing Oil to the past and exfoliate.

Mary Kay Naturally Nourishing Oil

After exfoliating, I use the Mary Kay Naturally Nourishing Oil. This product is amazing for your skin. It is very nourishing. If you have oily skin, do not be afraid of using oils. Often your skin doesn’t have enough moister, so it will overproduce oils leaving you with too much. If this oil is too heavy you can always use it at nighttime. It can be great to add to foundations to give that extra glow and moisture in the winter as well. 

Mary Kay Naturally Moisturizing Stick

The final step is the Mary Kay Naturally Moisturizing Stick to moisturize the areas of my face that are extra dry. Just simply apply it to those areas and pat into skin. I even love to put a little on my lips for chapstick before bed and I wake up with nourish lips. You can also use it on any areas on your body that are dry, not just your face. I love products that have multiple uses!

All of these products are great for a little pamper night with your friends because you won’t have to worry about them harming a friend’s skin with chemicals because they are all-natural and safe for sensitive skin. All these great products contain sweet almond and olive oil, antioxidant-packed cornflower floral water, vitamin E, moisturizing candelilla wax, and more! There are all free from nasty ingredients that many other products have such as parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, synthetic dyes, and SLS/SLES.

https://www.marykay.com/en-us/loveyourskin/naturally?%20%20iad=skincaresolutionsLP_imgcont_skincare_naturally_es

Sophie is a junior studying Recreation Management with a tourism emphasis at UW-La Crosse. When she isn't studying, she loves to hammock, go on random adventures, and catch up with friends. Some of her passions include Jesus, photography, plants, and all things beauty-related.