This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

As the new semester sets in, getting back into the swing of things can suck, so here’s a few tips and motivators to keep you going!

Remember that done is better than perfect

I know that as a perfectionist, sometimes a task seems extra taunting because I don’t think I’ll be able to do it perfectly. Quite honestly, nothing will ever be 100% perfect, so just get off your butt and start now! You’ve got this.

Prioritize and Focus on Reality

Sometimes we take on more than we can chew because we feel like we’re supposed to be doing it all. Do you have a job? Do you volunteer? An internship lined up? Taking 19 credits? Have an amazing social life? Do you realize that this is nearly impossible???? Sit down and get real with yourself. Sincero prompts you to ask yourself a series of questions: “Why are you doing all the things you’re doing? Is it absolutely necessary you do it all?” Make sure to take care of yourself first!

Deciding is Freedom. Indecision is torture.

I am probably the most indecisive person I know, so I understand that this advice may be hard to follow. But as Jen says, “indecision is one of the most popular tricks for staying stuck within the boundaries of what’s safe and familiar.” I know college brings about big decisions and the impending idea of the real world and a career is scary, but the process is weighing back and forth and back and forth is painful, so always keep chugging along on your path!

Take the First Right Step

Instead of wasting all your time trying to figure out the next perfect move, just DO something already. Sincero encourages that “most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking.” 

“You don’t have to know exactly where [you’re going,] you just need to start with one thing that feels right and keep following right-feeling things and see where they lead.”

With these few thoughts in mind, go forth and have a great semester! And remember, YOU ARE A BADASS!!

Lauren is a sophomore at UW-La Crosse studying communications, business administration, and digital studies and design. In her rare spare time she enjoys reading, hiking, listening to music, and anything to do with Harry Potter or coffee.