What Does Bryson Tiller, Pizza & the FBI All Have in Common? Jasmine Tatum!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Below you will meet an incredible womyn that has mad love for a certain Kanye lyric, thinks pizza is a snack and likes when people speak to her “trapsoul.” It was such a joy doing an interview with you Jas. Ya’ll check it out below.

Name: Jasmine Tatum

Year: Senior

Major:  Political Science

Minor:  Criminal Justice

Hometown: Milwaukee, WI

PGPs: She/Her/Hers

J: Do you have any nicknames?

LJ: Lil Jas, LJ, Jas–that’s about it.

J: So, tell me a little bit about yourself?

LJ: Um … I have three sisters and a brother. So, technically I am a middle child and suffered from middle child syndrome (laughs). I love music. I love dancing. I love being silly with my friends, and I love eating because I’m fat as h***. I am very loyal to my friends, and I can keep secrets like a MF’. And although I may look 12, I am actually 22.

J: Are you involved in anything on campus?

LJ: Yes–Black Student Unity, Student Association, and I have done two seasons of Awareness Through Performance (ATP)!

J: What do you like the most about UW-La Crosse?

LJ: I like BSU because it’s like my family away from home. I have a lot of cool friends from there, like the person interviewing me right now.

J: Aw, thanks Jas! Who’s your favorite music artist?

LJ: Bryson tiller, ’cause he speaks to your soul–that “trapsoul.”

J: What’s your go-to outfit if you’re in a rush?

LJ: Sweats, t-shirt, timbs and a pony tail.

J: What’s your favorite midnight snack?

LJ: Pizza.

J: So, you consider pizza a snack?

LJ: Yes, pizza is a snack.

J: What’s the best advice someone has ever given you?

LJ: The best advice someone has ever given me was, “You may not see what you’re doing now as important, but in the long run it will pay off.”

J: Good one … What’s your dream job?

LJ: Dream job … being a stripper … Nah, I’m just playin. Uh… working with the FBI/CIA.

J: Do you have any advice for incoming freshman?

LJ: Mmmm ….. Ask for help when you need it and find things to get involved in early.

J: How do you feel about the water crisis in Flint, MI?

LJ: I feel like the person who decided to “save money” should be prosecuted, because they are harming children and families everyday. I also feel like this is a racial thing because Flint is predominantly a town with mostly people of color, and I feel like this is their way of trying to kill us– for lack of a better phrase.

J: Do you think people are aware of it on campus?

LJ: No, because we attend a PWI (predominantly white institution) people go about their everyday lives as if everything is fine in the world, because it does not affect them directly. 

J: What is your favorite catch phrase?

LJ: LIKE A LIGHTSKIN SLAVE BOY, WE IN THE MUF***IN HOUSEEEEE!!

I’d like to thank Jasmine for letting me interview her. Make sure ya’ll say “wuzzup”! If you are inquiring more information about the happenings in Flint, MI, please check out some of the links below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfN5PkQ60Q

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/flint-michigan-water-crisis-race-poverty/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4EaFO8sEI