What to do Over Spring Break: College Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

If you’re anything like the average college student, you probably don’t have much extra money to go around spending over Spring Break. With Spring Break less than a week away, we can’t help but get excited about a week off from classes and time to just kick back and relax for a bit. You may even find yourself day dreaming about the ocean you wish you were going to be lying on next week or the sun and hot weather you wish you would be feeling–You and me both, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a good Spring Break back at home. I think it’s the perfect opportunity to take the time to do the things you’ve been meaning to do while at college but could never find the time to do. We’ve been working so hard the past month and a half of second semester, but it’s time to kick back and relax, because it’s SPRING BREAK, and just because you’re not headed down south doesn’t mean you can’t have a week to remember! Here are some things you can do in order to have a great Spring Break here at home:

1. See and catch up with old friends and family- They miss you, too!

2. Road trip- Grab a few friends and take a little road trip.

3. Catch up on some studying– This is the last thing most UW-La Crosse students want to hear, but now that we don’t have classes for a week, that might give some the extra time to catch up on work they’ve been putting off.

4. Go hot tubbing- You may not be able to go swimming in the ocean, but at least you have the option to go hot tubbing.

5. Try a new coffee shop- I love finding new places in my hometown that I never knew existed.

6. Cook something new- Here at UWL the food at Whitney Dining Center gets pretty old pretty fast. Take some time to try out some new recipes and desserts that you know you can’t get on campus.

7. Go rollerblading– The weather may not be reaching the 80’s anytime soon, but it’s no longer extreme winter weather. Take advantage of the warmer weather and go rollerblading!

8. Have a movie marathon– Dedicate a whole day to watching your favorite movies with some friends. Whether it be binge watching a new television show on Netflix or some movies, it’s the perfect time to do that. In college, you don’t have time to dedicate a whole day to movies, so take advantage of your time off to do so!

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller