This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

We’ve all had a bad day. Sometimes it can feel like the universe really isn’t on your side some days. I had one of those last Thursday. It felt like it was one thing after another going wrong, and it was only 10:30 am. It was probably one of the longest days I’ve had in a long time; in my mind it was a never-ending day. 

Some of the bad moments were things I couldn’t change (like getting caught in the rain without an umbrella while walking back from class) and I had to accept that and move on. But, there are things I can change and work on in order to improve a bad day. I found that during my rough day, I needed to take time for myself and relax. I was stressed out, to begin with, and then I felt like my world was crumbling on me, so I decided to lay in bed and watched my favorite show to help boost my mood and relax. I find that doing things that make you relaxed such as listening to a podcast/music or watching a show or movie can put me in a better mood. 

Looking back on last Thursday, I actually had many small positive things that happened to me, but the negativity took over my mood. We have to remember to look for positives in the day and remember that this will pass and things will get better. That day reminded me to take time for myself and my mental health. Life doesn’t have to be all go, go, go. It’s okay to take time for yourself and slow down. I urge you to take time for yourself this week and do something you enjoy whether that is going for a walk, listening to music, or watching a movie. Slow down and enjoy a moment of rest because sometimes we all need it.

Hannah Statz

UW Lax '24

Hi! I'm Hannah and I'm currently a freshman at UWL. I'm majoring in Communications and Public Advocacy and I'm super excited to start writing!