This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Quantum Leap (TV Show)

Dr. Sam Beckett makes a time machine but a mysterious force takes over his project and makes him “leap” into different lives to “put right what once went wrong”. It’s a show that is at times very serious and at times very funny, but it always has a lot of heart.

WINGS (TV Show)

A classic 90’s sitcom about two brothers who run a small airport in Nantucket. It has memorable characters and is uniquely funny.

Becker (TV Show)

First of all, it has Ted Danson. Second, he plays one of the most unlikeable people you could ever meet: a chain-smoking doctor with a bad attitude and a grudge against everyone (even his patients), yet you still love him. Or, maybe you just love to see him suffer.

Barney Miller (TV Show)

One of, if not the first, cop sitcoms. It’s the OG Brooklyn-99, and it’s just as ridiculous and funny.

Cagney and Lacey (TV Show)

Another cop show, but it’s a drama. Two very different women become partners and great friends. I love it because it treats its female characters like people who have great attributes… and great faults.

Quigley Down Under (Movie)

This is the only Western movie I will ever watch voluntarily. Tom Selleck plays a Wyoming cowboy who ventures to Australia and partners with the Aborigines and a crazy lady to fight Alan Rickman. If that doesn’t sell you, I don’t know what will.

He Loves Me… He Loves Me Not (Movie)

(French Translation: “À la folie… pas du tout” literally meaning: to insanity…not at all)

It may be a French film, but there is no reason it shouldn’t be big in the states. A woman played by the wonderful Audrey Tautou is in love with a doctor who treats her terribly… or is that only what it seems? I can’t explain otherwise I’d give it away, but it’s wild.

Overboard (Movie)

No, not the Anna Faris one! The Kurt and Goldie one! Basically, two people push each other to be the best version of themselves they can be and, together, they are able to actually find success and happiness.

Iron Man 2 (Movie)

I will never understand why everyone hates this film yet likes Iron Man 3. I personally hate Iron Man 3, it’s just the Incredibles but with worse dialogue. For Iron Man 2, though, the story is good, the characters intermingle and develop well, and the greater MCU was introduced and used well. I know Disney has since hired Jon Favreau for the Mandalorian, but not having him for Iron Man 3 was a mistake.

Secondhand Lions (Movie)

One of the most well-thought-out, well-planned movies ever. It has dashing heroes, beautiful princesses, and crazy adventures… all wrapped up in the coming of age story of a young man abandoned by his selfish mother and dropped off at a crumbling Texas house inhabited by his two grumpy uncles. Overall, one of the best movies of all time. Just wonderful.