Anna Schultz-Friends Laughing In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Every once and a while, you’ve just got to sit back, relax, and have a movie marathon. Or, if you’re like me, you have a 19 hour and 39-minute Harry Potter movie marathon. That’s what I did during the entirety of Saturday and Sunday, and I’ve learned a few things. Here are some tips to take your movie marathon to the next level.

1. Start early

Unless you have a TV and DVD player in your room, you have to get down to the Res. Hall basement and snag the TV before another group gets there before you. Getting a jump on things will also help you get to bed at a reasonable time (and not 4am like me).

2. Push couches together

Push two long couches together to basically make a couch-bed. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

3. Bring snacks

Snacks are imperative to get you through this. You’re in it for the long haul, so you need to have snacks to munch on. 

4. Get Chars to go

If you are feeling a more substantial meal, quick run over to Chars and grab some chicken tenders and fries to go. And don’t forget a soda to sip on.

5. Blankets

I’m pretty sure blankets were invented for this exact purpose. Get under some comfy blankets, the fuzzier the better.

6. Cuddle puddle

Snuggle under those blankets with your besties. It’s okay to talk during the movie. It’s a great the time to laugh and bond with your pals.

7. Make new friends

It’s likely that people walking past will want to join in on your epic movie marathon. Who knows, you might find new marathoning buddies!

Emily is a junior and UWLax's Campus Correspondent. She is studying Spanish and Computer Science. She loves hiking, going to concerts, and the color pink.