timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

So, it’s Lent season. Typically, I would just give something up, sacrificing to better myself in a simple way. This year, I did give up desserts to better my health in college. But, so much more important and complex things are happening in my life than the absence of chocolate.

Whether you celebrate Lent or not, there are so many things you can do to become a stronger person as spring approaches. This Lent, I am trying to become a stronger person, in faith, friendship, as a student, and more…

Sometimes I feel like I’m not good enough. I’m sure many people can relate. Whether it’s in school, friendships, clubs, sports, or more—it is natural for us as humans to feel unworthy or meaningless. Something I’ve reminded myself though, is this:

I AM ENOUGH.

I am enough. God loves me for where I’m at in my faith life, my classes at school, etc. He wants to be with me. He wants me to become stronger, in Him.

YOU ARE ENOUGH. YOU CAN DO IT.

I’ve made a plan for myself this Lent. I hope it makes me stronger and can help you too.

When I hear negativity in the world, I try to have positive thoughts. I pray for others that negativity may be taken off their hearts. I aim to have positive thoughts in my daily life. If I ever start to feel down, I remind myself of all the people who have stood by my side. Remind yourself of all the blessings in your life. Remember that everyone has bad days and be patient.

Do not measure your success by the success of others. Remind yourself of God’s plan; good is coming. Sometimes it can be hard to cope with the struggles of life, but remember that the stars cannot shine without darkness.

Isaiah 30:15 says, “you will be delivered by returning and resting.” Rest in the Lord and find inner strength. Confront what is struggling you and work through it. Find happiness in the little things and thank your family and friends more. You are blessed.

Just an English major and barista who loves to travel, hammock, and pet dogs. Psalm 46:5.