The Stages of Shopping at Plato’s Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Mental preparation for the next 3 hours you will spend sifting through racks and racks of clothes is key. Here are the stages you go through when shopping at Plato’s Closet.

HELP where do I even start?!

You walk in, take a deep breath, (shopping is a workout okay) and there it all is. Racks and racks and racks of glorious clothes. They never end and you know that you must see it all. You never know where you will find that amazing trendy top that looks just perfect on you.

I want everythinggg.

You have only finished the very first rack of clothes and you already have 17 shirts picked out. Even the ugly clothes look cute. You are just so excited to be getting some great deals that you want it all.

Omg my arms are cramping.

Under that huge pile of clothes are your lifeless arms that feel like they can no longer move. Clothes have never felt so heavy until this very moment but you push on because shopping is life.

Hey I have that same exact shirt!

That lol moment when you are like I have that shirt and like 500 other shirts that are also in the store. It’s even funnier when you find a shirt that you know that you sold to them. There’s a small coffee stain right about here… Yep definitely my shirt.

*2 hours later*

I’ve seen it all.

You have literally seen it all. You are pretty sure there isn’t a top or shoe in the world that you haven’t seen. Your arms are so tired and you just have to sit down to prepare yourself to try on the 50 things you picked out.

Decisions, Decisions.

Do I really need this lacy white top? It’s the 8th one I own but I mean I could always use another. Is this really cute or is it just cute because it costs $5??

Pure joy from not breaking the bank.

Woo-whooo! When you check out and were able to buy 7 things with the $25 you have to your name. Saving money never felt so good.