This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Make a new friend.

With a new semester comes new classes and a whole new set of potential friends. Don’t be shy. Talk to the girl or boy that sits next to you in class. You may just find a really great friendship that you have for years to come.  

Go to each of your professor’s office hours at least once.

I know it can be kind of scary sometimes to go to your professor’s office hours but it really can make a difference. Even if you don’t need any help it is good to introduce yourself so your professor can know you as more than just another student.

Make use of a planner.

Planners are great tools when you actually take the time to use one. It helps you stay organized and keeps you from forgetting to do things so you aren’t pulling all nighters to finish a paper.

Spend more time studying than watching Netflix.

Netflix will turn you into the biggest procrastinator, but I found it is helpful to reward yourself with an episode after you have finished an assignment or a paper.  

Go to the gym at least once a week.

It doesn’t have to be a huge lifestyle change but making it a priority to go to the gym at least once and week can do wonders for you. You will feel more energized and sleep better.

Read a really good book.

Sitting down with a book is super relaxing and engaging. It’s good for you to read and it is also super enjoyable. Put the Netflix away and get lost in a story.

Make time to pamper yourself.

College can be so stressful. It is important to make time for yourself. Take a long hot shower. Do a face mask. Or even just take a nice nap.