This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Bullet Journaling is straightforward: it started out as an open-ended organizational journaling system. The journal is a simple grid that leaves the creativity to you…you can turn the pages into a planner, habit tracker, to-do list, calendar, and much more. It’s all up to you!

Here are a few aesthetically pleasing and organizationally-inspiring examples: 

Make you want to organize your entire life? Me too. I’ve given bullet journaling a try before, but it’s a lot to keep up with. If you want your pages to look anything like the gorgeous examples on Pinterest, you’ll have to invest a lot of time. But, in my determined and artistic fashion, I decided to give bullet journaling another go using this fabulous Erin Condren Lifeplanner.

I included a few of my personal favorite ideas: doodles, colors, pretty script, an inspirational quote, and for the organizational aspect, my checklist for the weekend. I love how it turned out, but I can’t say bullet journaling is my thing. I love how pretty it looks…but I invested a good 2 hours in making this single page look the way it does. That time could have been used to cross a few things off my checklist. It turns out bullet journaling might be another way for me to procrastinate on assignments, rather than getting them done.

If you’re less of a perfectionist than I am, or if you’re willing to put in the effort for the cute organizational effect, bullet journaling might be the thing you need in your life. If you don’t have time for the fancy headings and doodles, bullet journaling can still be effective in a much more simplistic way. 

Or, if you’re like me and you like to have your calendar lined up for you, a cute, ready-made planner might be the way to go. Check out more Erin Condren planners that are cute, fun, and ready to go! 

Whatever your style is–bullet journaling master or not–I encourage you to be a goal digger, and get your life organized!

Rachel is an English major and Graphic Design minor at UW-La Crosse, with a serious case of wanderlust. Her time is spent writing, drinking coffee, hiking, discussing Harry Potter, and being distracted by the sky.