This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Dear Sunshine,

Why, hello again! I know it’s been awhile since we’ve seen each other and you’ve been bright enough to tan my skin a perfect color, but we need to talk. I still have two weeks left of classes and then finals week. This gorgeous, sunny, 80 degree weather is really not helping me focus. I have been going to get ice cream at The Pearl, going to Pettibone Beach, taking bluff hikes and essentially doing everything else besides work.

Do you know how hard it is to sit inside when you can hear and see the fun that everyone else is having? It is very difficult, let me tell you.

We are going to have to make some changes until I move out the second week of May. I think that we should keep the sunshine (definitely), but these great 80 degree days must go (on weekdays). They are too nice. Now I am not saying that it should be 56 and rainy, ew. I’m saying a good 70 degrees and maybe a little partly cloudy just from Monday to Wednesday would greatly help my now declining motivation for the rest of the year. Keep it mind, just the weekdays; the weekends can go back to 80 degrees.

But I would also like to thank you for the past few weekends (and weekdays) of beautiful weather here in La Crosse that has not only lifted everyone’s spirits but has also gotten everyone outside and having fun! Going to the beach again was an amazing feeling and who knew even in April you can make new friends, thanks to you sunshine!

I’m really glad we had this talk, and I hope you take my advice into consideration (for the sake of myself and everyone’s motivation).

Love,

Every college student struggling to stay inside