This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I’m allowed to publicly share my Christmas obsession with my friends and family; this includes fuzzy Christmas socks (let’s be real, I wear these all year round), playing Christmas music, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, decorating my room, etc. 

If you’re trying to make your life more festive during this holiday season, I’m here to help you out. 

Decorate, decorate, decorate!!! 

My dorm room is decked out with garland, Christmas lights, and a mini Christmas tree. Having a visible reminder of this cheery season brightens my mood, especially during finals week. 

Listen to Christmas music! 

I wrote an article on some of my favorite Christmas songs, which you can read here: https://www.hercampus.com/school/uw-lax/christmas-music-start-your-holiday-season-early.  This also brightens my mood and is fun to have playing in the background as you study or hang with friends. 

Do Secret Santa 

Giving is better than receiving, and this way is so much fun with friends! And let’s be real, receiving can be exciting in this scenario too, especially when guessing who bought your gift. 

Wear Ugly Sweaters 

Ugly sweaters have become “cute” in my opinion; in other words, the trend is a festive way to share the Christmas spirit with others, especially when your sweater is funny-I highly encourage this fun wardrobe. 

Attend Light Shows 

Glancing at the beauty of holiday lights in winter with hot chocolate can be a great way to spend a chilly winter evening; it can be a cute date or fun activity with friends. I’ll definitely be attending the Rotary Lights in Downtown La Crosse! 

Bake Christmas Cookies 

Not only is this something entertaining and stress relieving during finals, but cookies are delicious! There is truly nothing like Christmas desserts. 

Watch Christmas Movies 

Some of my favorites include White Christmas, Elf, and It’s a Wonderful Life. I also enjoy a good Hallmark Christmas movie (shout out to my mom who loves watching them with me). When the nights are cold, it is so cozy to cuddle up with a blanket and hot chocolate while watching a festive film. 

I hope these ideas help you to get into a merry and bright mood for the month of December! I’ll definitely be checking these off a Christmas bucket list this year (as I do every year)!

Just an English major and barista who loves to travel, hammock, and pet dogs. Psalm 46:5.