How to Keep the Holiday Spirit During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

As finals approach us, I’m sure everyone is starting to feel the stress. Whether you’re prepared or not, these last few weeks before finals can feel overwhelming. But they don’t have to! I love December because I can celebrate Christmas the whole entire month! Here are some tips to keep your holiday spirit lively as finals approach.

1. Listen to Christmas music!

This is a great way to celebrate the season, as you can listen while studying or doing homework. This way, my excitement increases about the holiday season, yet I’m still accomplishing tasks!

2. Watch Your Favorite Christmas Movie

I’m sure all of your friends are in the same boat as you; everyone needs a break sometimes. Reward yourself for all the hard work you’ve put forth by relaxing with snacks and a movie.

3. Get Seasonal Coffee Drinks

Peppermint everything! This time of year there is so many yummy drinks and treats available. Treat yourself with some holiday flair in your food! Coffee is already delicious, but peppermint/holiday flavors make it even better!

4. Look around you and be thankful!

If you take a walk through campus at night, there are beautiful Christmas lights on the trees. Just seeing this little bit of the holiday season brightens my mood! (Also, check out the Rotary Lights if you love Christmas lights). Take a moment to be thankful for the little things that make you smile!

5. Give

There are so many opportunities to give back this holiday season. Don’t miss this opportunity to help others! Not only will you feel amazing, but others in your community will have a brighter winter because of it.

6. Celebrate with friends!

Whether you bake cookies or get dinner, celebrate friendship during the holiday season. There’s only a short bit of the semester left. Take an opportunity to celebrate with friends before break!

7. Connect with Family/Friends

Send a loving card or message to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while! You’ll be spreading holiday cheer and brightening a friend’s day with your kind words. It’s the perfect time of year to  reach out!

8. Have a snow ball fight!

If only there was snow! I’m crossing my fingers for a White Christmas.

Just an English major and barista who loves to travel, hammock, and pet dogs. Psalm 46:5.