This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Living in a college dorm is most likely not ideal for any person, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t make the most of it. Living in a dorm room is an experience for sure, one that I think everyone should experience in their lives. Although the space is very small, don’t let it kill your vibe! By decorating your dorm, it can totally change the mood and vibe of your room. Feng Shui, anyone? It doesn’t have to be fancy. Even little things like putting up a few pictures on your wall can go a long way. Here are a few different ways you can decorate your dorm room! 

1. Put up a tapestry! You may not be able to paint your dorm room walls or put up wall paper and that’s where a tapestry comes in! It’s the perfect way to get some more color into your room without breaking any of the dorm rules! 

2. Put up some good quotes on your wall. The first thing I do when I wake up is see this little sign with the quote, “Think good thoughts.” What a good reminder to have in the morning. So instead of complaining that I have to get up at 8 oclock in the morning, it’s reminds me to keep positive!

3. Posters! Along with putting a cool canvas up with your favorite quote, put up a poster of your favorite tv show/movie/singer. This is also the perfect conversation starter incase you have new friends in your room.

4. Put up photographs! There’s nothing I love to do more than look at old photographs, especially if i’m feeling a little homesick or missing my friends back home. It’s the perfect way to make your dorm a little more home-y. 

5. Add random/little things!  In my dorm room, we have these stars hung up on the bottom of the bunk bed and above the futon. They are so random but really help make the dorm room look more fun! 

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller