How to Celebrate Your B-day in Lax

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

I am fortunate enough to have my birthday a couple days after Oktoberfest this year so I plan on celebrating my birthday with some Oktoberfest activities! But that got me thinking: what else can you do to celebrate your birthday at your home away from home at UW La Crosse?

1. GET A CAMPUS CAKE

There are flyers all around campus about how to attain a “Campus Cake” like the picture posted above. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have a customized cake exactly how you like it on your birthday! (I bet your roommate will love it too…)

2.  FACETIME/CALL/SKYPE YOUR FAMILY

Your family definitely misses you more when they know it’s your special day and they aren’t able to celebrate it with you. Surprise them with a call and you’ll be sure to get all the attention you desire on your birthday from them. It’s a win-win!

3. GET TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS

You could do a plethora of things! You could buy a pizza from the front desk in your hall and watch a movie, go to the Pearl ice cream shop, skip dinner at Whitney and try someplace new, OR you could create a date with yourself and stay in bed all day watching Vampire Diaries…

4. PAMPER YOURSELF

Take a long shower, paint your nails (and toes!), put on a rocking outfit, and seize the day. Even if you do have an exam, quiz, essay, or the inevitable homework- set aside time in the morning or night to relax! Your special day only comes once a year!

Happy birthday to everyone at UW Lax and I hope you have a great day!

Besides being one of the shortest freshman at UW La Crosse, Marissa has passions for polka dotted umbrellas and pizza for breakfast.