This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Do you still live in the dorms and absolutely LOVE christmas but can’t have a tree? While there are fake christmas trees that cost money and all look the same, there is another opportunity to get in the holiday spirit for less. A christmas cone is what you need! They are very cheap and easy to make but do take a little bit of time.

Steps

Step 1: Obtain a safety cone however you may…. They sell them at Home Depot and Menards

Step 2: Poke holes in the cone as spaces for the christmas lights. This can be done with a knife or with a drill.

Step 3: Spray paint the cone a color of your choice. Make sure to do this outside. Wait until completely dry to begin step 4.

Step 4. Push the christmas lights up through the center of the cone in to each individual hole. Make sure to check that all of the lights work before you push them through the holes. 

Step 5. Plug in and enjoy!

You now have a beautiful Christmas cone that all of your friends will be jealous of. 

Sophomore at UW La Crosse majoring in Biomedical Sciences