This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Dear Old Friend,

I hope you’re doing well. I may not have talked to you in a day, week, a year or maybe even more. But I want you to know that I still think about you. I still think about all the good times we used to have together. The countless nights of laughing to the point we forget why we started. We have shared great memories together and I will always thank you for giving me those.

I want you to know that I’ve changed, and I am sure that you have too. We have both had time to travel down different paths in life, and I would love to hear your stories of all the places you’ve been when I wasn’t by your side. I don’t blame you or myself for losing touch, it’s something that happens in life. But instead of looking at it like drifting apart, I want to see it as an opportunity to reconnect.

I hope that you are chasing your dreams and you are living the life we always used to talk about. Or maybe you discovered an unknown passion and are chasing after that dream. I hope whatever you are doing, you are happy.

I want you to know that I am happy too. I would love to sit down and hear about all of the things that make you smile in the day, and what your new goals are, and who your new friends are.

I hope your memories of me are happy ones. I hope you look back on our friendship and smile like I do. There may have been rough patches, but there were so many good times. I hope you see that too.

If you are reading this letter and think it could be aimed towards you, it probably is and can be. If you text, I’ll respond. If you call, I’ll answer. My door is not closed and it won’t be. Reach out to me, and you may be reaching out to an old friend, but a new friendship.

Sincerely,

An old friend

Erin is currently a senior at UW-La Crosse majoring in Marketing and minoring in Interpersonal Communications. Being born and raised in La Crosse, she can't part with her hometown and her family. Fun-loving and outgoing, Erin smiles every chance she gets!