Campus Cutie: Curling Club President Ross Mitchell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Name: Ross Mitchell

Hometown: Pardeeville, WI

Class Standing: Senior

Major/Minor: Biology and Communication

Relationship status: I am a single man

What campus and/or community activities are you involved with? I’m the president of the curling club.

Can you explain what curling is? Curling is a sport played on ice where you throw giant granite stones from one side of the sheet of ice to the other side.

How long have you been curling? I’ve been curling for ten years. I got started through a youth program in my hometown. I met most of my friends curling.

What is the best part about being the curling president? I like being president because I get to teach college students how to curl and that’s really rewarding. It can be pretty stressful being president as a student because we curl a few times a week, which makes me work harder in my academics.

What is your favorite thing about La Crosse? The relationships I’ve created here. I also enjoy the downtown atmosphere.

What is your biggest pet peeve: I don’t like self-centered people. I also hate it when people talk at me when I’m having a conversation with them because then all I can do is sit there and nod.

Who’s your biggest role model and inspiration? My dad because he’s super modest but really smart.

Describe your ideal date: We start at a park having a picnic where I wine and dine this woman.  Before she knows it I have her in a canoe paddling down a slow twisting/winding river.  We watch the sunset and before either of us knows it, we are in love.

Describe yourself in three words: Social, fun, conscientious

Favorite food: Purple skittles

What kind of music do you enjoy listening to? All kinds, but especially the hip hop variety.

Favorite song to dance to at a party: The remix to Ignition by R. Kelly.

Where are you most likely to be found on a Friday night? In the downtown atmosphere

What are the qualities you find most attractive in a girl/guy? She’s gotta be able to carry a conversation better than I can since that’s not my strong point, she can’t be afraid to stuff her face, and she needs to be open-minded.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl/guy? I like hair. Especially long hair. Any form, shape or color.

What’s your go to pick up line? Hello, how are you doing this evening?

What is your dream job? National Park Ranger

What about being a park ranger intrigues you? I like to work outside, talk to people who are outside, and look at stuff that’s outside.

How does it feel to be featured as a campus cutie? I feel honored. Thank you.