Campus Celebrity: Bridget Bellissimo, UW-L Tennis Athlete, American Red Cross Club Founder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Bridget Bellissimo is involved in many organizations around campus. She is also the founder of the American Red Cross Club. Between school and over six organizations, she still finds time to have fun with her friends.

Major/Minor: Right now, Biology-Biomedical Science concentration, before applying for the Clinical Lab Science Major

Hometown: Middleton, WI

What campus organizations are you involved in?

UW-La Crosse Tennis team, Alpha Xi Delta sorority, American Red Cross Club, Pre-Medicine Club, Microbiology Club, Volunteering Within Club, etc.

What is your favorite part about tennis?

I have played tennis since I was 3, and I could never get sick of it. I love the competition, dedication, and fun of it and love the feeling of being on a great team.

Do you have any goals for your upcoming year of tennis?

Our biggest goal on the team is to beat Whitewater and make nationals, so hopefully we can accomplish that in the near future! Along with that, making nationals and winning conference again would be another individual dream to achieve.

What organization did you find?

I started the process of founding the American Red Cross Club the spring semester of my freshman year.

What was the most difficult part of starting a new organization?

I think the most difficult part was the amount of time it took. Starting a new club involves a lot of learning and a lot of paperwork to fill out! But, in the end it was completely worth it.

What does the American Red Cross organization do for our campus?

The purpose of this organization is to provide students with an opportunity to become involved with the American Red Cross on campus. We work to advocate the causes of the national organization and to support the American Red Cross. Through the principles of the American Red Cross and its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors, the club will learn, practice, and exemplify humanitarian vlaues through mission-related service projects.

What are some interesting facts about you?

I have traveled to over 20 countries, I have a permanent baby tooth, and my favorite food is salad.

What movie makes you cry every time?

Titanic and Best of Me

What’s your favorite color?

Green