This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Music is such an amazing thing. A sound that creates an experience, enabling us to enter a new world, take a break from the daily hustle and stress, and truly relax solo, with friends, or with strangers. The power of music is remarkably incredible. It can bring out emotions when we cannot come to think of them ourselves. There is a song for every moment, mood, feeling, or season of life. 

I have always been passionate about music, whether that would be playing an instrument, singing, listening, or going to concerts. I challenged myself recently to explore my taste in music and try to discover some new jams in all different genres. Some old, some new, and they do not necessarily fit in a playlist together, but I hope you find one or a several that you vibe with. Enjoy! 

1. Most People are Good – Luke Bryan

2. Slide Away – Miley Cyrus

3. Nothing I Hold On To – Will Reagen & United Pursuit

4. Love, Dad – Harry Hudson

5. Salvation Song – Avett Brothers

6. Whip a Tesla -Yung Gravy

7. AA – Isaiah Rashad

8. Saturday Sun – Vance Joy

9. Sweet – BROCKHAMPTON

10. Coeur d’Alene – The Head and the Heart

11. Waterboy – tobi lou

12. Good as Hell – Lizzo

Here is the link to a Spotify playlist with the songs! 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1xDis5vrARFkWY8rNTyduA

A few of my favorite concerts over the past few years :)

Dan and Shay, 2018, Outdoor Music Festival, Arcadia, Wisconsin
Somo, Reservations Tour 2018, Majestic Theatre, Madison, Wisconsin
Kanye West, Saint Pablo Tour 2016, Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, Minnesota
Sophie is a junior studying Recreation Management with a tourism emphasis at UW-La Crosse. When she isn't studying, she loves to hammock, go on random adventures, and catch up with friends. Some of her passions include Jesus, photography, plants, and all things beauty-related.