This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Whether you’re spending your spring break on a beach or on your couch, a good book never hurts. Here are some suggestions for books that will keep you busy this spring break.

1. Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver

This book hits theatres on March 3, so why not read the book before you see it on the screen?! 

In this thought-provoking story, high school senior Samantha Kingston lives the last day of her life seven times…

Want more? Read it!

2. Pawn, by Aimée Carter

Do you love dystopia? If so, check out the first book of The Blackcoat Rebellion trilogy, filled with plot twists and love triangles. The best part? All 3 books are published so there’s no drawn out waiting involved!

When Kitty Doe is faced with the option of staying a III or becoming a VII-and joining the most powerful family in the country-she has to decide whether the life of fame is worth the responsibility and rebellion that comes along with it. 

3. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein

Make sure you have tissues for this one. This book is perfect for dog lovers…or anyone with a heart.

The narration of the lovable dog Enzo will have you laughing and crying all at once. Five out of five paws for this one!

4. An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green

Did you love The Fault in Our Stars but don’t want to be caught ugly crying on the beach? You’ll find this John Green rom-com about dating to be oh so relatable…with the same amount of wisdom you can always find in a John Green book.

5. I’ll Give You the Sun, by Jandy Nelson

This coming of age story deals with love, family, sexuality, and will make you feel all the feels…all while inspiring you to embrace creativity. 

6. The Thousandth Floor, by Katherine McGee

This new young adult read is like the futuristic Gossip Girl, with more characters, and, if it’s possible, more drama. Follow along as the teenagers living in the world’s first thousand-floor building learn how to grow up.

7. The Selection, by Kiera Cass

This book is The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games…and did I mention the to-die-for covers?! This dystopian series has everything you love: action, romance, and a competition to win a Prince’s heart…what could be better?

8. Since You’ve Been Gone, by Morgan Matson

This book is a feel-good story about friendship and learning how to be independent. This is the perfect story to remind you of sunnier days and reckless nights. Not to mention, it includes playlists you might just have to borrow!

Get out there, enjoy your time off, and read!

Rachel is an English major and Graphic Design minor at UW-La Crosse, with a serious case of wanderlust. Her time is spent writing, drinking coffee, hiking, discussing Harry Potter, and being distracted by the sky.