This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

When it comes to most makeup, you get what you pay for. And as college students, many of us can’t afford to pay for top-of-the-line, pricey beauty products. But even if you don’t have the cash to pick up the high-end products, there’s still hope. Here’s a guide to some of my favorite drugstore makeup items, all under $10!

Maybelline Colossal Volum Cat Eye Mascara – $4.99

Most high-end mascaras beat the drugstore version hands-down, but Maybelline’s Cat Eye mascara is just as good as some products I’ve paid quite a lot more for! It has a thin, curved brush that conforms really well to my eyelashes, and it never leaves any clumps. It adds impressive length, and it’s a total bargain for the quality.

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick – $6.99

I’m a total sucker for matte lip products, and this one is amazing for a subtle look. This liquid lipstick comes in a variety of nude and muted colors. It goes on smooth and feels soft on my lips instead of drying them out like many matte lipsticks, and it lasts for a long time. I can’t wait to try out more colors!

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream – $7.44

Of all of the BB creams I’ve tried, this one is my favorite by far. It’s lightweight and doesn’t seem to clog my pores, but still provides slight coverage.  It comes in a nice variety of shades, and it also contains SPF for sun protection and salicylic acid to fight acne. I haven’t noticed a distinct improvement of my acne after using this, as the packaging claims, but it’s a great product overall.

Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color – $1.99

As much as I love a bargain, I’m usually skeptical of makeup that’s this cheap–but this Wet n Wild lipstick is as reliable as it is affordable. Like the name indicates, this stuff really lasts–it’s got a wide range of bold color that will stay on all day or night. Coming in at just around $2, you can afford to stock up with an array of pretty shades!

NYC Matte Me Crazy Mattifying Top Coat – $1.99

This product is one of my nail care must-haves. I use it both as a base coat and a topcoat, and my manicure just wouldn’t be the same without it! I find that when I use this polish as a base, my nail color lasts a lot longer, and who doesn’t love that awesome matte look when you use it on top? Last but not least, it dries really quickly, which is great for when you are feeling impatient or on the go (or both).

L.A. Colors Eyeshadow Palettes – $1.99 – $5

I must admit, nothing beats high end eye shadow (if I could afford every Naked palette, I’d be a very happy girl!). But since we don’t all have the cash to dish out on $40+ makeup, L.A. Colors has some decent alternatives. This 16 color palette is my favorite for shimmery shades, and there are many other options as well.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – $6.79

Although I’m not too worried about getting an “age rewind” as a college student, this is the only concealer I use. The sponge tip applicator is great for blending under my eyes and hiding other blemishes on my face, and the formula has excellent coverage. Find your shade and swap out your pricey concealer for this fabulous product!

Anne is a junior at UW-La Crosse studying Broadcast and Digital Media Communication and Graphic Design. When she isn't busy studying or writing for Her Campus, Anne loves music, photography, drawing, and painting. Also, naps.