This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

I don’t listen to a ton of podcasts, but The Anthropocene Reviewed is one I can’t help but keep coming back to.

The title alone intrigued me, but I was really brought in by the calming voice and sage thoughts of YA author John Green.

Yes, that John Green. The Turtles All the Way Down, The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, and Looking for Alaska author does much more than just write, if you didn’t know.

If you have ever desperately tried to pass a high school exam without studying more than 15 minutes, you’ve probably heard of CrashCourse, an educational series on YouTube which John co-founded.

He has many other YouTube channels, including the channel he runs with his brother, Hank Green, entitled vlogbrothers.

Along with The Anthropocene Reviewed, John also writes a podcast with his brother called Dear Hank and John, where the brothers answer questions from listeners and “give questionable advice, and talk about Mars (the planet) and AFC Wimbledon (the 3rd tier English football club).”

To see his multitude of other accolades and interests, visit him at www.johngreenbooks.com.

Ok but really, I was just here to talk about the one podcast, jeez.

The Anthropocene Reviewed is a podcast in which John Green reviews different facets of the human-centered planet on a five-star scale. Sounds deep and philosophical, right? Then you’ll laugh at some of the topic choices:

Episode 1: Canada Geese and Diet Dr. Pepper
Episode 6: Lascaux Paintings and the Taco Bell Breakfast Menu
Episode 11: Teddy Bears and Penalty Shootouts

But somehow, John does make these odd, simple topics deep and interesting. His insight into the seemingly most surface level things leads me to believe that I would love to get lost in the labyrinth that is John Green’s mind.

I give The Anthropocene Reviewed four and a half stars.

Listen on Spotify, Soundcloud, itunes, or here for free.

Lauren is a sophomore at UW-La Crosse studying communications, business administration, and digital studies and design. In her rare spare time she enjoys reading, hiking, listening to music, and anything to do with Harry Potter or coffee.