This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It’s hard to fathom the amount of aspirations I have at a young age of 19 years (almost). A low-key dream of mine that I’ve held on to for the past year has been my hopes of living in a tiny home and traveling the country, all while being a travel writer. This topic has entered conversations in a light-hearted manner, typically seen as a silly hope that probably won’t ever come true. Maybe it won’t, but as I’ve thought about it more and more, I’ve thought, why the hell shouldn’t I pursue this adventure?

I’ve always loved traveling. I’m not one of those people who can rave about the numerous places I’ve gone to, but I’ve done my fair share of travel. The places I’ve gone have served as the spark to a growing fire, a passion to see the world.

Then there is the fact that I love to write. That’s where the travel blogger passion fits into the equation of this dream. I love writing in every form, and with an unlimited amount of places to visit and serve as inspiration, I could create a career that doesn’t feel like a job, but more of a hobby.

And then there’s the hope of living in a tiny home. Like, what? It sounds crazy, but ever since living in a small space (aka a dorm room), I’ve discovered my ability to live with less. As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned to seriously value experiences and memories over material items. Living in a mobile, small space, seems like a welcome challenge to me.

Overall, it’s something that seems crazy, but why does it have to be labeled as unattainable? I love to travel, write, take pictures, hike, hammock, make memories, etc. I can combine those things together and have crazy experiences with memories that last forever. Plus, road trips, to me, are loads of fun.

The point I’m trying to make is, no dream is too big to achieve. After great numbers of people telling me that being an author was an unlikely dream, I realized, is it? Is it really that unattainable? Sure, it’ll be loads of hard work, but that also goes for being a doctor, pilot, an engineer, and so on. And aren’t I an author right now, in some small form? As long as I have people who read my work, I think I can consider myself on the right path.

The Winter Olympics just finished, so I’ll use the worldwide event as an example. Think about the determination of every athlete in attendance. No one would claim that the journey was easy, but everyone would agree that it was worth it.

Chase your dreams and believe in yourself. I’m not saying this to be cheesy or cliché—I truly believe that no dream is too crazy. Throughout our lives, each experience is a chance to learn something new. Each moment is a new page in the story, so to say, where you can paint whatever landscape you so choose. There are always going to be doubters, but use those negative thoughts to fuel the fire that burns within, and chase those adventures you hold dearly in your heart.

I will never forget these words spoken by a fellow student at one of my high school graduation ceremonies; she said, “I can’t say that the journey has been easy, but there will always be mountains to climb”.

Whatever your mountain is, you CAN conquer it, by climbing step by step. The band For King and Country sing, “I look up to the mountains. Does my strength come from the mountains? No. My strength comes from God, who created heaven and earth, and the mountains.” Have faith in yourself and your dreams; climb the mountains in your life—the view is great and your strength comes from Someone greater. I guarantee if you take chances on your dreams, your memories, experiences, and years ahead will become the adventure of a lifetime.

Invest in yourself, my friends.

P.S. Stay tuned, one day you’ll read my travel blog that documents my travels in a tiny home.

Just an English major and barista who loves to travel, hammock, and pet dogs. Psalm 46:5.