This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

1. When she reminded us time and time again of the importance of feminism.

“We [feminists] want to empower women to do exactly what they want, to be true to themselves, to have the opportunities to develop. Women should feel free.” —Elle UKMarch 2015 

YES, EMMA. We do need feminism! Who better to remind us of that the the Queen of feminism herself?

2. When she spoke as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and launched “HeforShe“.

“Men—I would like to take this opportunity to extend your formal invitation. Gender equality is your issue too”

Watch a video of her inspiring speech here.

3. When she fearlessly flaunted bold looks on the red carpet.

We’ll never forget about the time she wore pants with her gown at the 2014 Golden Globes…and made it look stylish and easy. How can we pull off this look? Teach us your ways, Emma!

Let’s not forget about when she bravely debuted her pixie cut post-Hermione in 2010. She owned this look with confidence and grace, and generated nearly as much buzz as “the Rachel”.

4. When she made us all want to read more.

Emma is notorious for sharing her love of reading on social media…even before she portrayed the well-known bookworm Belle in Beauty and The Beast. She is constantly sharing her favorite reads on instagram, and her adorable intelligence makes us want to read, too.

And then she makes us want to run all over the world to find a copy of a book that she ~personally~ left behind. Just imagine the lucky person with those books in his or her posession. 

5. When she shut down haters concerning her braless photo in Vanity Fair

After a “revealing” photo of Emma was released in Vanity Fair, she was immediately bombarded with criticism and arguments that she was a hypocrite and a bad feminist. 

While many were quick to attack her, Emma shut haters down gracefully, as always.

“Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality. I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it. It’s very confusing.”

Once more, YES, EMMA! Thank you for reminding us what feminism IS NOT about. After all, feminists have boobs, too.

6. When she killed it on her 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards acceptance speech.

As if we didn’t love her enough already…Emma Watson accepted the first gender-neutral award for Best Actor in a Movie, an honor she didn’t hesitate to recognize. “The first acting award in history that doesn’t separate nominees based on their sex says something about how we perceive the human experience. … Empathy and the ability to use your imagination should have no limits.” *swoon* If Emma’s efforts for gender equality and inclusivity haven’t inspired you yet, maybe the first ever gender-neutral Golden Popcorn trophy in her hand will.

Okay, we’ve been obsessed with Emma Watson ever since she was little bushy-haired Hermione in the early Harry Potter movies. Her personality and positive impact on others have only grown with time. To be honest, we’ll always be in love with Emma Watson, won’t we?

Rachel is an English major and Graphic Design minor at UW-La Crosse, with a serious case of wanderlust. Her time is spent writing, drinking coffee, hiking, discussing Harry Potter, and being distracted by the sky.