This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

We’re all in denial that Spring Break has come to a close…and probably will be for the remainder of the week. After a week away from homework, exams, and the dull routines we fall into on campus, coming back to school is a harsh wake up call. Maybe you spent your break hanging out with old friends in your hometown and pretending there wasn’t snow outside your window the whole time. Or maybe you were living it up with friends or family on a beach somewhere new. No matter how you spent your break, here are some things you can do to cope with that Post Spring Break Depression. 

1. Find a distraction.

Maybe the fastest way to get over spring break is just to pour yourself into your classes and work. But if that won’t do the trick, keep yourself busy. Hang out with old friends, take up a hobby, find a good book to read…anything that helps keep your mind off of that awesome spring break.

2. Remind yourself why you love college.

Going on the town with your girls. Sleeping way in on the weekends. That one class you actually really like. Being around your friends at school is fun, too. In fact, life after spring break isn’t so bad after all.

3. Try something new!

There’s no cure for the end of vacation blues like trying something new. Get to know La Crosse: go to a coffee shop you haven’t been to, hike a new trail, try learning how to rollerblade or longboard, or tackle anything you’ve been putting off. Getting wrapped up in something new and exciting should help keep the PSBD at bay.

4. Be Lazy.

You may have spent Spring Break doing nothing but lounging on a beach, but nothing beats getting cozy and watching way too much Netflix. You don’t have to feel guilty about staring at a screen when you’re not on break; take advantage of that! If you sleep in, you’re not losing valuable vacation time. So go ahead and be as lazy as you want. 

5. Keep reminiscing and let time do its thing.

Let’s face it: you’re not getting over Spring Break anytime soon. So keep going through all those pictures on your phone. Eventually, the sun will set and you’ll come back to real life. But hey, keep in mind that summer is right around the corner, and in just a few months you can relive it all again.

So take your time and properly mourn your break. Here’s to Spring Break 2018!

Rachel is an English major and Graphic Design minor at UW-La Crosse, with a serious case of wanderlust. Her time is spent writing, drinking coffee, hiking, discussing Harry Potter, and being distracted by the sky.