5 Things to Remember at Your Lowest Point

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

1. You are MORE than enough.  You were placed here for a reason.  Sometimes we can only see the stars when it’s the darkest.  You were created to be YOU, not someone else.

2. Don’t sell yourself short.  You have amazing qualities.  List the good things about you and why your friends love you.  Keep those reminders close to feel that you’re loved.  Soon enough, you’ll feel it radiate from within.

3. Be unapologetically yourself.  Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you and accept you at your worst.  If someone doesn’t like it, they don’t deserve to be around you.  Whether it’s an old friendship or a cute boy who doesn’t give you the time of day, move forward and find someone who will.

4. You can only take things day by day.  It’s important to plan ahead, but don’t get so distracted by the future that you don’t have time for the now.  Resonate your ideas and enjoy the little things in life, such as the beautiful sunset and calmness of a lake.  Being immersed in nature is incredibly great to help gain perspective. 

5. Everything happens for a reason.  What will be will be.  Don’t let a struggle get you down—own it and learn from it. When life tells you to jump say, “how high.”  Every experience is easy to learn from.  If you decide to learn from them, you can only go up from there.