This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

What’s the best thing about summer (besides no school)? New makeup! Trends for the warmest months of the year feature natural bright hues that will highlight that awesome tan you are soon to be rocking. Check out these must-have products for summertime:

Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet

I recently invested in the Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet and let me tell you, I am in love. This pallet offers it all. You have your shimmer, glitter and matte colors. However, best of all, you have dark dramatic color for those night outs this summer, or you have natural bright colors for an everyday look. The pigment in the Sweet Peach Pallet is phenomenal; it stays on all day and the color pops!

Lancome Mascara

I love trying new mascara; there are so many kinds with different brushes. I have to say my new favorite is the Lancome Mascara. It gives you the eyelashe length and fullness everyone is looking for. The “s” shaped brush helps you achieve that dramatic eye lash look without the falsies! Also, it wears well and doesn’t make my eyelashes feel heavy!

Mother: Kat Von D liquid lipstick

First, let me say Kat Von D liquid lipstick is by far my favorite liquid lipstick on the market. It is long lasting with beautiful matte finishes. However, I think my favorite color for the upcoming summer months is the Kat Von D shade called “Mother”. This shade is perfect for summer; it is a bright girly pink that works as a dramatic night color or a soft natural day color.

Make Up Forever HD mineral powder

MakeUp Forever HD finishing powder is perfect for the summer. My biggest pet peeve is that caked on makeup look that you get with some full coverage foundations. Therefore, I pair my Makeup Forever HD foundation with the finishing powder and you accomplish a natural looking skin complexation. The finishing powder softens and blends those “oops” areas. It is a very light wear but keeps you having a matte finish all day. If you’re looking to achieve that everyday natural look, I would definitely look into Makeup Forever Finishing Powder.

AG Hair Care Sea Spray

AG’s newest products are unfussed, straightforward and simple to use. I have tried numerous of Sea Spray that leaves my hair feeling heavy and doesn’t give me that beachy texture. I have thick hair so the texture wouldn’t stay in my hair long. However, in a few trial runs with AG Sea Spray I achieved that beachy wave that lasted all day. I can accomplish that lazy beautiful wave.

With three and a half weeks left of class make sure you have the essentials to achieve a flawless summer look. Remember, always be willing to try new products and let us know your favorite new beauty product on our Facebook page or Pinterest!