4 Thoughts We Have on the First Warm Day of Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

The best time of the year, for me, is always when the weather starts to get warmer. There is no better feeling than walking out the door expecting it to be REALLY cold only to find that you didn’t even really need your winter jacket today. The weather this past weekend got up to almost 50 degrees, which to some in Wisconsin is considered shorts and t-shirt weather. I took advantage of the warm weather this weekend with a hike up the bluffs with some friends, a Sunday morning run, and some ice cream from The Pearl. Wisconsin is also known to be a state that can experience all four seasons in a day, and it does have an awful history of being warm one day and then back to cold the next day. I think that everyone here at UW-La Crosse is just praying that won’t happen. Please Wisconsin, let this warm weather stay! 

1. WARM WEATHER IS HERE— It gets real old waking up every single day for class and having to walk across campus when it’s practically below zero. The warm weather just makes it so much easier to get going in the morning, and it really does do something for a person’s attitude. As a lover of warm weather and summer time, this warm weather we had this past weekend has definitley done something to my mood and has given me so much happiness. 

2. Wake me up when it’s spring break!— Wisconsin has a funny way of being warm one day and then going back to negative degree weather the next. I am really hoping this does not happen, and if it does, please just wake me up when it’s spring break. Only two more weeks to go, but I have a feeling they are going to be the longest weeks. 

3. This means spring break must be on it’s way!– The warm weather does give me hope thinking that the worst of the winter is over and summer must be on it’s way! We are just that much more closer to summer break!

4. Goodbye winter!– See you next year; you won’t be missed. 

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller