2015 Hair Trends You Can Rock on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Ready for a new hair-do? There are many trending hairstyles on the runway, but to many everyday UW-La Crosse citizens (and normal people in general) they take it just a little too far, such as this:

or this:

We mortal citizins do learn a little something from these though, believe it or not, just not to the extreme. Here are some of the trending fall 2015 hairstyles that you can actually work on campus:

1. The Half Bun

The half bun is a very popular new do (You may have seen our favorite Bachelorette, Katilyn Bristowe, rocking it a few times). If it’s not a bun, it’s a pony, and if it’s not a pony, it’s a braid. They are all cute!

2. Side Braids

This is for the inner bada** in all of us. It’s still foxy, but not too Jamaican or 2000s.

3. Low Profile, Low Pony

Or should we say the low, low pony. We’ve done the messy buns. Been there, done that. Now it’s time to rock the messy pony!

4. Making Waves

What can I say? The tussled look is just in. A messy pony, surfer hair—making waves seems to be the perfect, cozy fall hairstyle.

5. Medium Hair

Not only are waves in, but the medium wavy hair trend is spreading like wild fire (I’m surprised I haven’t chopped my hair yet)!

6. Silver Hair

This controversial silver hair trend is still up in the air. Either you love it, or you hate it. But, you don’t have to settle for the silver colour. Tints of purple, red and blue also seem to be making its way through campus!

Which new hairstyle will you try? Will you brave the new ‘granny hair’ or settle for something a little more low profile?

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO