10 Things You’re Going to Miss About La Crosse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

If you’re graduating this spring at UW-La Crosse, you’re probably having a bunch of mixed emotions. Graduating is such a bittersweet experience. I never once missed the dorms until now. It’s sad to see all the Freshman around campus—their journey here is just getting started, while us seniors are closing our chapter here at UWL. Don’t get me wrong, the excitement and anticipation of never sitting in a classroom, writing papers, doing homework and taking tests is overwhelming, but as we start to pack up our apartments and houses and say goodbye to our college friends, there’s a lot we’re going to miss, as well.

1. Sleeping in

2. Having Fridays off

3. The Pearl

4. Addiecakes

5. Downtown La Crosse (not just Brothers, Shooters, or the Library, but the river walk as well)

6. Oktoberfest

7. The bluffs (especially in the fall)

8. UWL on an early sunny morning

9. Living on your own (if you have to move back home)

10. College friends (I suggest planning an annual trip with all of them!)

Of course, these are only to name a few. Over the past four years you learn to love this little town, all its hidden gems and beautiful scenery. We tend to take these things for granted, and it seems as if we only really appreciate it in the end.

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO