This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

It’s easy to have dreams, but how can you successfully turn those dreams into achievable goals? Manifestation.

It’s believed by many that your thoughts create your reality, and while that holds truth, seeing a physical representation of what you want to attract in your life can have an even stronger impact.

Designing a vision board will hold you accountable for attracting things that are tangible. Putting your goals out there can create personal clarity and motivation for your future. It’s important to remember that goals that you choose to put on your vision board do not need to be materialistic items.

Here are some ideas of what to include on your board:

• Affirmation words – how do you want to feel?
  • Fitness/wellness goals – what physical changes do you want to see for yourself?
  • Career aspirations – what job do you want to land after college?
  • Physical things – certain homes, pets, cars, clothes, etc. that you want to acquire.

There are many ways people choose to display their boards. It’s common to create an aesthetically pleasing collage made up of pictures or to design a virtual layout using Pinterest. Be sure you place the board somewhere where you will notice it often, whether that be hanging in your bedroom or mounted above your desk.

Also, you shouldn’t wait for the new year to roll around to start setting goals. You can start reprogramming your subconscious thoughts by putting energy towards the things you want in your life. And no, a vision board isn’t going to magically give you everything you desire, but it’s a good place to start. It’s also motivating to reflect on and see what you’ve achieved over time. 

The main intention in the “Law of Attraction” is to believe you already have all that you have ever wanted, and it’s all just waiting for you. Now, grab a pair of scissors, a magazine, and start visualizing that future you have in mind.

-Isabelle Vogell

Hi, I'm Isabelle! Currently, I'm a senior studying Public Communication at the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT. I have a concentration in Communication Design as I am passionate about aesthetics. Some of my interests include graphic design and journalism.
Hello! My name is Alex Rosenberger and I was the Campus Correspondent my senior year for the Her Campus Chapter at University of Vermont from January 2020- May 2020. At UVM I studied Public Communication and it's where I found my current passions which includes lifestyle writing, content creation, branding, and graphic design! Thanks for reading!