Life > Experiences

Valentine’s Day with the Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

There should be no shame in spending your Valentines without a significant other. Although we can all attest to feeling lonely every now and then, dating in a pandemic isn’t easy and we shouldn’t feel guilty for being single.

As love is in the air during this month, take the extra time to show up for your friends. Here are some potential plans you and the girls can partake in:

valentines day card
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

DIY Cards 

I know I can’t be the only one who sometimes misses that nostalgic memory of giving your classmates a valentine and a piece of candy. Why not bring that back? You can even make it a point to channel your crafty side and decorate personalized cards for all of your closest pals. Handwritten cards should never go unappreciated. This gives you the perfect chance to be vulnerable and show your gratitude for your friendships.

A messy bed with someone watching a show on a laptop and eating valentines chocolates alone
Photo by C Technical from Pexels

Group Self-Care  

Due to the pandemic and the continuation of social distancing it may not be feasible to meet up for a mani-pedi. To make up for lost times, schedule a facetime and pamper yourself while catching up. Even though we spend a lot of time around the house, we still don’t always sit down to take care of ourselves. Pour a glass of wine, paint your nails, and through a facemask on.

Chocolate pancakes with strawberries
Photo by Whitney Wright from Unsplash

Brunch

This is a great opportunity for you and your roommates to wake up on Sunday morning and cook a big breakfast. Sitting down with one another for a meal can be extra special since everyone is typically on their own separate schedule. Assign roles to each person, someone can be in charge of pancakes, another can make a flirty playlist, and lastly be sure to give someone mimosa bar duty. Have fun with it.

Regardless of your relationship status this year, there is so much to celebrate. Put romance aside and cherish these moments with your college girlfriends!

Hi, I'm Isabelle! Currently, I'm a senior studying Public Communication at the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT. I have a concentration in Communication Design as I am passionate about aesthetics. Some of my interests include graphic design and journalism.