Shopping via Unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Shopping via Unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cam Morin via Unsplash
Style > Fashion

top 5 burlington thrift stores

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

We’ve all heard about the destructive impacts that the fashion industry has on our planet. When it comes to lessening our environmental impact, shopping sustainably is a great alternative. Thrifting is one of the most fun ways to find new pieces for your closet that don’t hurt the planet or your wallet. In honor of Earth Week, here is my breakdown of the top 5 thrift stores in the Burlington area. 

1. Battery Street Jeans 

115 College St, Burlington, VT

Battery Street Jeans takes the cake as my #1 favorite thrift store in the Burlington area. With prices that can’t be beat and a super funky ambiance, you can find all types of consigned clothes and accessories. Wall to wall racks of records, shoes, and local art make this place so special. Did I mention they have a free bin?

2. Dirt Chic

67 Main St, Burlington, VT 

Dirt Chic is possibly one of the most underrated consignment stores, IMO. They offer a wide range of clothes, from biz-casual to one of a kind pieces. Personally, I am a big fan of their accessories collection. Silk scarves, trendy bandanas, and more wait for you down at Dirt Chic. 

3. OGE Basement

37 Church St, Burlington, VT

For the outdoorsy girls, there is no better place to shop than the basement of Outdoor Gear Exchange. While the top floor boasts new items from all the best brands, the consignment basement is where the deals are. With a great selection of clothes for all seasons, you won’t find better deals or friendlier staff anywhere else. 

4. Downtown Threads

108 Church St, Burlington, VT

Located above Church Street, Downtown Threads is the cutest little shop! They feature a great selection of work from local artists, plus an unrivaled selection of vintage dresses and the coolest shoes! Dig through the $5 bin to find some hidden gems, if you have the time. If you’re lucky, you might even meet Karma, the resident dog!

5. Goodwill Williston  

64 Harvest Ln Suite 30, Williston, VT

When all else fails, the Goodwill Williston location is always a safe bet. This location is always stocked with cool, trendy pieces from the nearby neighborhoods. The Bins next door are always fun, too!

Happy thrifting!

**Edited by Sadie DeAmbrose

Hi! My name is Ella Farrell and I am a third-year student at UVM. I'm majoring in Public Communications with a concentration in Community Media & Journalism. I write about mental health, food, travel, and pop culture.