This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

This is a list of my top five favorite Valentine’s Day movies! These are guaranteed to put you in all your feels, from crying to laughing. Great to watch alone, with friends, or a significant other!

Someone Great 

You can find this movie on Netflix! This is one of my favorite movies; it’s about breaking up after a long and serious relationship and learning how to focus on yourself and your happiness. This movie is funny and charming while accurately describing what moving on from heartbreak looks like.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 

Unfortunately, this movie isn’t free on any streaming services at the moment, but another must-watch. Starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey, both trying to advance their careers, become entangled in a relationship. This movie is the perfect balance of humor and romance. I have watched this movie a million times, and it never fails to boost my mood. 

500 Days of Summer 

This movie is on Hulu and Amazon Prime! I recently watched this movie over break, and I don’t know how I had gone so long without seeing it! This movie follows a hopeless romantic who falls for a girl who is anything but that. It is about finding love and figuring out where you went wrong in a relationship. In doing so, the main characters find their true passions.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

This movie is free on Peacock! Another great movie, starring Jason Segal, Kristin Bell, and Mila Kunis. Kristin Bell is a movie star who breaks up with her boyfriend out of the blue, causing him to go on a vacation to get over her. The actors in this are hilarious, and it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Friends with Benefits

Another movie starring Mila Kunis, but this time with Justin Timberlake as her co-star. Mila Kunis is a professional recruiter who tries to entice Justin Timberlake into moving to New York City to work for a magazine there. The two become fast friends due to their similar romantic experiences. The pair both decide to give up on finding love. This movie explores relationships between friends and families. It is fast-paced and light-hearted. 

Xo, 

Atti Shepherd

Hi, I'm Atti! I'm from Brunswick, Maine. I am a Public Communications major.
I am a senior Public Communication student at the University of Vermont. I am passionate about public relations and brand communications within the fashion and lifestyle industry.