This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Welcome to Her Campus UVM! I’m Rachel Polansky and I’ll be the Editor in Chief/Campus Correspondent for the next two years. I started writing for Her Campus UVM second semester freshman year, but had always been an avid reader in high school. I’m a psychology major and a film/television studies minor. In addition to Her Campus, I’m a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and I write a beauty blog *insert shameless plug* makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com. My favorite part about Her Campus so far is encouraging others to write and pursue opportunities they might not have otherwise. After I graduate, I hope to move to San Francisco and puruse a career working in marketing for the beauty industry. We already have so many people signed up for our newsletter and now that we’re SGA recognized, there are so many more things in store. I look forward to a great year! 

Hi guys! My name is Sydney Kaplan and I’m currently working as the managing editor of HC UVM. I have a Psychology major with a Business Administration minor and will be (sadly) graduating this May. I joined Her Campus my sophomore year because I had loved reading HC articles in high school, and was excited about the idea of contributing to a national organization. Apart from Her Campus, I am also a member of UVM’s Orchesis Dance Company and the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority. This past summer, I worked as the PR intern for an ad agency here in Burlington called KSV and loved it. I have less than zero idea about what life holds for me post graduation, but hopefully it includes a lot of travel and work that I love!      

I am an English major with a minor in Human Development. I am actually a transfer student and so I first learned about Her Campus my junior year. I was mindlessly scrolling through twitter and I saw a tweet from UVM Her Campus about the next meeting. I have always loved writing and when I learned more about what Her Campus was all about it sounded great. I mean I know we all love writing critical essays in our English classes but I was so excited to have an opportunity to do some writing that was actually fun. After coming to the first meeting, joining was really a no-brainer. The girls couldn’t have been nicer and I was SO excited to get started writing my first article. I attended the National Intercollegiette Her Campus Conference this summer and learned about how there are even more opportunities out there for writers than I thought. I am so excited to help our chapter grow as Social Media Chair! After I graduate I am looking at internships in publishing and editing and hoping to pursue that in the years following. 

Junior at the University of Vermont