Jake Grasso

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Name: Jake Grasso

Class Year: Senior

Birthday: Jan 6, 1993

Age: 21

Major: Economics 

Hometown: Shelburne, VT 

1.    How do you stay busy at UVM?

A lot of homework, studying, and an episode or two of Parks & Rec on Netflix here and there. I’m also a part of the Program Board! I like to stay active, whether it         is going to the gym or spending a weekend at the mountains skiing.

2.    Favorite place to eat in Burlington?

Trattoria Delia. Even though I don’t go there often since it is so expensive, it has some of the best Italian food I’ve had in Burlington.

3. You have the ability to travel anywhere in the world free of charge, where would you go?

I would take a trip around South America. I find that culture fascinating and would love to learn more about it.

4.    Describe your ideal first date.

Dinner at a nice restaurant. I feel like it’s a lovely, relaxing way to meet someone.

5. Turns off’s in a girl?

Not smiling. I like to see everyone around me happy and smiling. A great saying that my mother always says is “don’t frown, because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile.”

6. If you could switch places with any TV character, who would you be?

Vincent Chase from Entourage. He’s always in a good mood, has friends who love him and is always enjoying his life. 

7. What’s something you’re proud of?

I’m proud of where I am in life right now. I had an amazing summer internship and in just a couple more months and I will be a college graduate moving on to the real world. While the job search can be stressful, I am proud I have made it this far and cannot wait to see what comes next.

8. Favorite iPhone App?

Instagram. It has always been and it always will be. It’s a great way to stay connected with friends and family, just by seeing what pictures they’ve posted. Sometimes I will even scroll through my own profile just to remind myself of all I’ve done the past four years. It’s a great app and will never get old.

9.  Say you’ve just won the lottery. How would you spend that money?

I would spend a good amount of it on that trip through South America. I would want to go skiing in Chile, hike to Machu Picchu in Peru, attend Carnaval in Brazil, and with so much more.

10. What do you want to do before you graduate?

Find a plan of what I am going to do after graduation.