This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

You’ve seen them all around Burlington. The block lettered, bright colored tee shirts that fill the steps of Bailey Howe on a sunny day, the stickers across the backs of laptops and the crowds of fans repping the shirts at concerts. Springing from a joke between friends, I’M PARTYING has quickly become a staple of the wardrobe of students at the University of Vermont.

A little over a year ago, founders and juniors at UVM, Caleb Atwood and Bradley Opsahl (along with UVM graduate, Brady Lee), were thinking of ways to make a quick dollar on the side. Since all three of the creators loved to hang out with friends and have fun, the idea of making the shirts came naturally to them.

They printed up a round of tees and see where it would take them. Atwood stated that “[Brady] came up for Springfest last year with the shirts and I told him we should sell them around
campus during the concert.” Within a few hours of the show, the boys were able to sell hundreds of shirts. Seeing this as a major success and a potential way to make a lot of money, last summer an LLC (a tool used to legally form an enterprise) was formed for I’M PARTYING.

In terms of challenges, Atwood sees “waiting to get out of school” as being the most difficult aspect to running I’M PARTYING. He hopes to make this a full time job and to expand the business. The other two founders also plan on staying on board with the company and expanding the business to reach more people across the country. With two of the founders being full-time students, it is difficult to devote as much time as they would like to the company.

Since their start last spring, the label has put on a show at Higher Ground and even went all the way down to Ultra Music Festival in Miami to promote their gear. Atwood explained that going to Ultra was something they could have “never pictured going to a year ago” and that the trip was “insane”.

This summer, I’M PARTYING has plans to attend several major music festivals. I’M PARTYING has already lined up some booths at Governor’s Ball and Starscape, and are working on a few more. The team is also in the process of updating their website, so check back within the next few weeks. Atwood hopes to be “traveling just about every other weekend”, so keep an eye out for them!