This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Looking for a discount shop, but can’t find what you’re looking for? Has your favorite clothing store sold out of the item you wanted with no plans to restock? As an avid shopper myself, I found that it is not always easy to find what you’re looking for when using Poshmark. Due to filtered searches and vague listings that don’t help you find what you are searching for. Whether you are looking to sell or find discounted, pre-loved items, it’s important to first know how to list (see my other article on Poshmark), to learn how to search.

1. Download the Poshmark App

Now this may seem like a small step, but the Poshmark app can give you easier access to finding things you want and getting notifications on items you’ve been waiting for the price drop on! The app is easy to navigate and will help you purchase and sell a lot easier and faster.

TikTok Body Image
Photo by You X Ventures on Unsplash

2. Use the search tab wisely

If you’re looking for something specific, be sure to search within the brand. For example, if I am looking for “The Briana Top” from Free People, then I would want to go into the Free People brand and search “Briana.” If nothing comes up, then use the filters such as category, color and size to manually search for what you are looking for.

woman in pink dress working on laptop
Pexels / Moose Photos

3. The designer hack

Many people use Poshmark to sell and buy designer branded items as they have much higher value. People who want designer items, who can’t necessarily afford to pay full price come to Poshmark to find what they’re looking for. Specifically, when shopping for designer anything, it’s important to note the most important filters to use: category, condition, and price. Once you choose these, you will be able to find the best items suited for you and what you can afford. What most people don’t know is Poshmark automatically filters searches by “Just Shared,” meaning many posts that have not been shared recently end up getting lost deep in Poshmark, much farther down than many people are willing to scroll. It’s important to change the “Sort By” tab to “Price Low to High” after you’ve chosen your price range. This is the cheapest way to find the best items!

Stil
STIL / Unsplash

4. Consistency is key

Many people, such as myself, exclusively shop on Poshmark because they want to use their selling earnings to buy new items, and keeping it all within the app is simple and convenient. This also means that many savvy Poshmark connoisseurs are consistently keeping their eyes out for hot items that have sold out on websites or vintage items that are difficult to find. If you are looking for something and don’t see it one day, you will likely see it someday. However you have to be consistent in searching for the item you are looking for, otherwise someone else will snatch it up!

Unsplash

Poshmark can be the best and worst at times. Great prices, but sometimes it seems impossible to use. I hope that these tips and tricks will give you luck in finding what you are all searching for!

Happy shopping!

Karsen Kimball 

Edited by Cat Bates

Hello everyone! I am a junior Public Communications major at UVM with a passion for fashion and interior design.
Hello! My name is Alex Rosenberger and I was the Campus Correspondent my senior year for the Her Campus Chapter at University of Vermont from January 2020- May 2020. At UVM I studied Public Communication and it's where I found my current passions which includes lifestyle writing, content creation, branding, and graphic design! Thanks for reading!