Get to Know the Her Campus UVM Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

As the semester comes to an end, we’d like to introduce you to the brains behind Her Campus UVM. Without these ladies, as well as our amazing viewers, Her Campus UVM wouldn’t be what it is today!
Check out the member’s short biographies below (in no particular order).

Ellen Reinhardt

I’m a first year at the University of Vermont, majoring in Psychology (but transferring into the business school), and I have a minor in French. I’m also from Vermont but I don’t ski, snowboard and have limited flannel in my wardrobe. Travelling is my obsession, as well as British accents, roses, singing in the shower, Marché smoothies, and making lists.  I also love to write, which is one reason I joined HerCampus, and it has given me more opportunities to be involved in the UVM community in addition to Greek life. One of the quotes I try to live by, and probably repeat the most, is by Winston Churchill, “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

L
izzy Fanning
My name is Lizzy Fanning, I am majoring in elementary education and hope to be a first grade or kindergarten teacher in the future. Environmental preservation is a passion of mine, through teaching I will educate the youth on the importance of respecting and building a sustainable future for our planet. I have always had a passion for writing and plan to eventually write a children’s book.

I enjoy being outside; hiking, skiing and swimming are among my favorite activities. One of my goals is to hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine. I love to watercolor and draw as well. I chose to write for Her Campus so I could share some of the things that were most important to me with the UVM community. The freedom I get in writing for this magazine allows me to write about topics I support or want to learn more about.

Jenna Quirk

I am lucky enough to have chosen a school where my interests and hobbies can thrive. I take photos for HerCampus weekly, and am so grateful that I can incorporate two of my favorite things to do together; taking photographs and meeting new people. The UVM Her Campus team has made me feel like part of the school while gaining new friendships. And although this spring semester is coming to a close, it can only go up from here. I hope to come back next year with new goals, aspirations and hobbies. HerCampus gives women the opportunity to fulfill hobbies and provide readers with so much more through our online magazine. I could not have chosen a better group to be a part of on campus, and I would do it over in a minute. I love my beautiful HerCampus team!

Emily Meltzer

I am a 20-year-old junior and sociology major at the University of Vermont. I was born and raised in New York City and have a deep passion for cooking, music and fashion. I am hopelessly addicted to spicy foods- the hotter the better! I love all things that are tribal inspired- especially jewelry and art. I have a knack for finding deals online and my favorite websites are: www.etsy.com, www.asos.com, and www.karmaloop.com. I have hopes of becoming an urban planner when I graduate school. I also would like to move to a city out west if the opportunity presented itself.  I love to travel and expose myself to different cultures and traditions. My idols are Michael Kors and Alice Glass of the band Crystal Castles. I joined her campus UVM as a way to meet new people and to share information I have learned during my three years at UVM so far.

Hello y’all! My name is Mo McGraw Bentley and I am from a small town outside
of Boston, Massachusetts. I’m majoring in Psychology with a double minor in
Spanish and Music. I’m glad I chose the University of Vermont because I can let my
interests and hobbies collide in a wonderful collection of studies. My main interests
are photography, hiking, skiing, music (playing, listening, whatever), climbing
trees, reading, and lots more. I joined the HerCampus team in order to let one of
my hobbies be put to use and hopefully better some girls’ hearts while they’re at
college.

In the future I hope to work with children of divorced parents and travel the world.

Mo McGrawn Bentley
Hello y’all! My name is Mo McGraw Bentley and I am from a small town outside of Boston, Masssachuetts. I’m majoring in Psychology with a double minor in Spanish and Music. I’m glad I chose the University of Vermont because I can let me interests and hobbies collide in a wonderful collection of studies. My main interests are photography, hiking, skiing, music (playing, listening, whatever), climbing trees, reading and lots more.

I joing the Her Campus UVM team in order to let my hobbies be put to use and hopefully better some girls’ hearts while they’re at college. In the future, I hope to work with childern of divorced parents and travel the world.

Coleen Rosen

My name is Coleen and I’m a sophomore psychology major at the University of Vermont. When I’m not busy with school work, I love to exercise, watch guilty pleasure reality TV shows, hang out with my friends, and read. After graduating from UVM, I hope to go to grad school and become a children’s psychologist. One of my idols is Audrey Hepburn: she was one of the classiest, most dignified, and most beautiful women of her time. I chose Her Campus UVM because I think it’s a great way to reach out to college girls, like myself, and a great way to help 

answer teenage girls’ questions about all aspects of life.

Allie Goldberg

Hey, I’m Allie Goldberg! I’m studying at UVM to become an Early Childhood Special Education teacher. I enjoy being surrounded by friends and family, and I also really love meeting new people. I enjoy listening to music, playing cello, and taking pictures in my free time.

I chose HerCampus UVM because I love writing and it gives me the chance to share my college experience with others. It’s great being part of the HC UVM team!

Cait Barone

At the top of the list of things I love to do are Irish dancing and playing the piano. I’ve been playing the piano since I was 6 years old and took up dancing shortly there after. Although I can be caught tickling the ivories whenever I get the chance, I took dancing a lot further and started doing it competitively, advancing all the way up to the Championship level.

As corny as it may sound, my goal in life is to become an orthodontist and give children beautiful smiles. My idols are my parents, who have shown me the road to success and made me who I am today. I chose the Her Campus team because I really liked the website and knew I would also like being a part of the team.

Katie Richter
 Hellooooo! I’m Katie Richter, lover of adventure and experience. Originally, I’m from outside of Buffalo, New York. My hometown is small and quaint, which was just dandy until about age 13. Going to UVM made perfect sense to me, the location is key, the people are chill, Vermont is environmentally 

progressive…. I’m stimulated here 24/7 and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ve always been an athletic gal, playing soccer, basketball and lacrosse in high school and continuing my athleticism in college by keeping in shape and playing intramural sports. Music is a big part of my life as well, I’ve played trumpet for 9 years now and have recently picked up the ukulele. I’d always rather be outside, exploring and adventuring around. Canoeing is one of my absolute favorite things to do, and I’m always down to camp anywhere at anytime. I appreciate the simple things, especially summer thunderstorms.

After graduating from UVM with a degree in Environmental Studies, I hope to join the Peace Corps and travel to Africa to assist communities with agriculture and environmental education. My ideal profession would be an environmental journalist for National Geographic (seriously, how cool would that be!?) which is part of the reason I joined Hercampus. I love writing, especially poetry and this was an ideal opportunity to strengthen my writing skills. My life motto is “The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences” from Into the Wild, I believe that those who get the most of our life are the ones who are constantly pushing limits to experience new things.

Jordan Wychoff 
(No photo or bio available)

Marissa Villegas

Hey everyone! My name’s Marissa Villegas and I reign from Dover, New Hampshire, home of an abundance of antique shops and bars. I’m an English major with a double minor in French and Italian and I aspire to move to the city to become a beauty editor for one of my many favorite magazines (somehow add traveling into the mix as well). When I have the time, I love going on adventures in the White Mountains, trying things out of the ordinary, going to new places and working out.  I’ve also attempted guitar this past year and (from the looks of it) failed…though it’s still a work in progress.

Recently, I’ve discovered a passion for the beauty industry which has made me stir up a few of my own beauty secrets to share with the girls on my floor. As Campus Correspondent, I love to use a few of those secrets to provide interesting material for our readers to indulge in. I also absolutely love being apart of an amazing team that has made Her Campus UVM an amazing experience!

Becca D’Andrea

There are so many things I love to do, the list would never end. I love to be outdoors, enjoying the sunshine, and going on adventures. My favorite place in the world is Little Deer Isle, Maine where I have grown up during all my summers. My most played CD on iTunes is Dave Matthews Band, Live at Radio City Music Hall. DMB has been and always will be my absolute favorite musician. I am very interested in photography, and my dream is to circumnavigate the world and photographing it. I love to travel and I can’t see myself living in just one place when I grow up. My idol is my aunt, Julie Yates. She has taught me the power of perseverance, how to love whole heartedly, and how to be open-minded. I chose Her Campus UVM because I really enjoyed reading the articles and wanted to be a part of it.